Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tennessee Tuesday

I am so serious pinning and labeling my beetles.
We hiked to this waterfall yesterday.
This is our dorm. I am on the top right.

Busy day today, but not as tiring. We dug in the dirt and under rocks for beetles and other bugs. Two guys from LSU came and gave a lecture on them and then led our exploration outside. We then pinned and labeled some beetles they brought with them from Texas and Missouri. We could not kill the beetles caught in the park. After lunch, we were in a stream catching microinverbrates....little bugs. We also got in the water again to measure the velocity and volume of the stream. After supper, we listened to a BORING(at least to me) lecture and power point on lichens. I did not enjoy it at all, but some people did. I am having a good time. It is very structured, and we stay busy.

1 comment:

The Mabiles said...

Now I know where I got my inner nerd from. :p