Thursday, September 30, 2010

Heaven Sent


Is there anything more pure than a new born? The picture
above is of my son Jacob and our newest grand daughter, Alia.
I have loved her since I found out she was coming, but to
finally lay eyes on her...well, that sealed the deal.

In the picture above, she had been in this world about 4 hours.
I noticed she had her eyes open so I took the picture. I wish
I would have captured the look on Jacob's face too. She just
seems to be thinking...so you're my daddy.

When I held her for the first time, I thought to myself I was
holding the cleanest, purest thing on Earth. I somehow felt
unworthy to do so. As I was thinking that, she opened up
her eyes and I felt like I was looking into the eyes of a
heavenly being....such innocence, so clean and pure. I am
so grateful for this new little life and the purity she brings.
I hope I can live up to her expectations.

3 comments:

Carolina girl said...

She is just precious Donna. You are both very blessed to have each other! Hugs.

Susan said...

That is a darling picture...she's just a doll!!

gwen said...

Sooooo cute!!!