Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


Sarah and Greg won the sauce contest. Don't
you love the crown?

Liam loves all machines, but tractors are one of his favorites.

My sweet bundles of joy.


Cousins.

Barefoot, pregnant, and roasting wieners.

Is that just not the sweetest thing?

All my children were home for Thanksgiving. We had not all been together in our home since Easter, I think. Then, we did not have Alia who was born in September. By Thursday evening, everyone was here. Friday we roasted hot dogs in the fireplace for lunch. Sarah fixed roasted tomato soup for supper. I made bread in the bread maker. Saturday, we took Liam to the Christmas tree farm in Grant. Feeding goats and riding in a hay wagon behind a tractor were Liam's favorite activities. I found the trees to be a little pricey and the wait in line to pay for one and pick it up was very long so we did not get a tree. Saturday evening, my sister hosted a "Paula Deen" party. Most of the recipes were Paula's. My sister did most of the cooking. The rest of of us provided desserts and sauces. The sauces were for the chicken strips and there was a prize for the best sauce. I know I have eaten a lot of junk in the past week, but the sweetest part of the week was my children and grandchildren.

No comments: