Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sweet Students

When the 1st bell rang at 3:03 on Friday, December 17, I
was literally pushing students out the door. I was ready
for the Christmas break. As I turned back into my classroom
and surveyed the damage from the class party, I saw that my
desk top was ultimately covered with gifts from my
students. They had all insisted I open them that morning.
I received a variety of gifts ranging from home made goodies
to candles to mugs and socks. One student knowing that
Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author, gave me the
newest book. I already have it, but there was a gift
receipt inside. One student brought me two gifts. One the
day before party day and one the day of. The first gift
was priceless...her own books(her name was in them). Teachers
are always getting gifts that are like that, students personal
items. I have received slightly stained stuffed animals. I
know a teacher who got a partially used tea bag. It comes
from their hearts and it is priceless.

My array of students gifts for 2010. 5th graders still have
enough innocence to give you gifts. I love them....students
and gifts!

No comments: