Thursday, July 23, 2009

Gotta Love a Bargain!

I love a rainy day. I love rainbows. I love peanut butter and chocolate, I love traveling, I love a good book, and watching an old movie. I also love a bargain! Last Thursday, I went to Hobby Lobby. I had not been there in months. I went just to look around, but once I got there I discovered that all their 4th of July things were 90% off. Yes, 90% off. I mean, that is practically free. I decided right then and there that the theme for my new classroom would be patriotic. I mean, you can't go wrong with America. Besides, I will teach American History.

I got all the stuff you see on the couch for about 23 dollars. There are bulletin board boarders, glitter, baking cups, a picnic set for 25, and lots of wooden decorations. I also got packs of red and blue sparkly jingle bells that can be used for decorations or used to make decorations. Yes, we can even have a patriotic Christmas!

I did not pay more than a dollar and a half for any one item. Most items were below 50 cents. Finding all the goodies made my day. I never seem to make it to Hobby Lobby when things are this cheap for holiday items. I did get some neat fall items one time for 80% off.

I will use most of the things in my classroom...and so it goes. My new classroom is smaller than the one I was in last year so I brought home some things and threw some things away. Now, I am bringing the new things up to this smaller classroom. So it goes in the life of a teacher. You haul things around in your car, you bring things home, you take things to the classroom....

3 comments:

Susan said...

You did good, I wish I had been there! :)

The Mabiles said...

Holy crap! And now a new phone ring to match.

Carolina girl said...

I LOVE bargains too! You really must have cleaned them out, huh? Lucky you. What happened to Sarah's blog?