Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's Paula Deen, Ya'll!

It's Paula Deen! She said her feet hurt and she
took off her shoes.

She brought her husband ,Michael, with her too.
This is some of the pieces to her new furniture line.

This past weekend, my sister, my niece, and myself met my son Jacob and his girlfriend in Houma, LA to see Paula Deen. What was Paula Deen doing in Houma? She was there to promote her new furniture line. She gave a cooking demo with her husband, Michael and a culinary student from the John Fosse school in Nichols State, right down the road.

If you are a fan of Paula Deen, and/or her food, you would have enjoyed the show. She was her "down home" self. My son calls her the "Maw Maw" of The Food Network. She reminds me of Dolly Parton, just down to earth.

We did not pay the $100 to "meet and greet" her. That also got you a seat up front. We had the next best thing, we were up and in the middle. The show was held in the Civic Center there in Houma. It was much smaller than the one in Lake Charles, so it was a semi-intimate setting.

I enjoyed the time with my sister and niece riding down there and back. My sister is always cooking whole Paula Deen meals. We are already talking about making some of the dishes she fixed at the show. They all contained butter! They all looked good, ya'll!

2 comments:

The Mabiles said...

Ahhh! It really is Paula! The first one is a GREAT picture!

Susan said...

Paula is a hoot!