Saturday, November 28, 2009

First Fire of the Season


I always look forward to a fire in the fireplace, especially that first one. There is something about a fire that warms not only the outside but also the inside. One can stare into those golden flames and reflect on things of importance or things that are not so important. I love to sit close to it with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate...not too many things are better than that.

The first time we built a fire in our fireplace, we also roasted wienies and marshmallows. We do that at least two or three times each winter. We have always said that we were going to fix foil dinners in the coals, but have not done that so far. Perhaps this year we will.

Fire creates both warmth and light. Both things can mend a weary soul. I am grateful for the fireplace in our home and the warmth and light it provides to my soul.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I agree!! I wanted a fire tonight while we watched A Dog Named Christmas, but it was a little too warm.

Beautiful post Donna, and the one before about the strays too. Cocoa is one sweet looking dog!