Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow at 316 Bruce Hyatt Road

What a thrill it was to have the snow Friday evening and Friday night. I know it was not much, but for southwest Louisiana it was a decent amount of the white stuff. I do know that the anticipation of the snow and the actually falling of it was very uplifting and almost cleansing for me. The anticipation started on Thursday. I arrived at school on Friday as excited as the students. When we were told to start calling parents to tell them that we would be getting out at noon, my excitement grew. By one I had all my kiddos out the door, and I went home. I made sure plants were protected. I made sure there was plenty of wood on the porch for the fireplace. I made a fire, and began heating up the pot of gumbo I made the night before. When Randy got home, the snow was falling and I was outside already taking pictures.

Randy and I brought a mattress into the living room and slept in front of the fireplace Friday night. In fact we kept it there all day Saturday , and spent the night in front of the fire again that night. It was fun. I baked cookies Friday night and I baked muffins Saturday. The cold just seem to put me in a baking mood. I think I must have drank a quart of hot chocolate too!

Saturday morning, we walked around outside right at daylight. Watching the scene change with the rising of the sun was a wonderful experience. I later rode the 4 wheeler on the trail at the back of the property. There was not much snow there except in open places, but I had a wonderful time back there taking pictures of what I dd see. I will post those pictures at a later date.

I am grateful for our little snowfall. I saw its beauty and was able to thank the One who is in charge of it.







This is what it looked like as it first began to come down.
This is what the barn looked like as it was snowing. This is right at dark.
The road up to our house highlighted with snow.
I was up and outside about 6:30. There was such a peace surrounding the snowy beauty.
So pretty!
This is the site of many camp outs and shoot outs. Doesn't it look much different?
I liked the contrast of colors and the little ice drops hanging off the leaves


No comments: