Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Reunion

The great great grandchildren
The generation after me.

My first cousins
Uncle Dee Dee, Aunt Nancy, and family
My family. My two boys were not there, nor Sarah's husband Greg.
Aunt "Big Boy"(don't ask) and Uncle Robert and family.



All of my mom's family has nicknames. This is my Aunt "Cooter's" family. One of her son's and his family did not come. Her husband, "Uncle Charlie" several years ago. She had another son, "Bubbie" who died on December 22, 1973. That was his birthday. It is also Sarah's birthday which made the day a more happier occasion again.
My mom and her brother and sisters. My mom is the one on the left.




My mom's family had not all been together for Christmas or any celebration in many, many years. It seems the only time we all got together was for funerals. This past summer it was discussed and finally decided upon to have a family reunion. It was held at my brother's house on December 13. It was priceless. I am so glad that we did it. Not everyone was there, but it was truly a success. Everyone talked of when we would do it again. I feel as though I was given a gift.

No comments: