Sunday, January 22, 2012

Has it really been this long?


Me, with Ginny and Liam on their visit "down south".


Alright, I know I have been a blogger slacker or a slacker blogger. I have not posted since September 17, 2011. Wow! I did change the title of my blog....Nana's Nest.

Since I posted last, I turned 50 years old. Sweet, dear friends from church came over with pizza and cupcakes to help me celebrate. I had calls from all my children. Sarah and Greg gave me a gift certificate for a massage at Scarborough's. I went and had it during Thanksgiving break. It was heavenly. Turning 50 was not a big deal, just a number. I would not be who I am without being 50 years old, so it is all good.

Sarah and babies came down in October/November. Some highlights of that visit: We had a family BBQ here at the house. There was good food, family, laughter, lots of Liam and Ginny kissing, and visiting. The next day my sister has a Halloween party. I dressed as a Hyatt High School cheerleader. Ginny and Liam were adorable as a gingerbread man and a gingerbread girl. Bonus: My oldest son Jacob and family came in that day just in time to go to the party. Sarah was here a week, then spent a week in Gonzales with her in-laws. I went down the following weekend for Ginny's baptism. It was a great day, and I enjoyed the ceremony and time spent with Greg and is family. I am so grateful to them for their love of my Sarah.

Speaking of Jacob and family. They are my temporary boarders. I have enjoyed their presence and company. Alia kisses everyday is a great thing. They had moved to Missouri for about a month, but did not find it to their liking. Jacob is now working for the electrical union. He is presently at Conoco, and there appears to be lots of work in the future. I am glad for them, but will hate to see them go when they fly this nest to live in their own.

Christmas came and was spent with family. It was great having Alia in the house for Christmas so that Santa could come. We spent a great Christmas Eve. It was a Mexican Christmas Eve spent with Jacob, Alesha, Alia, Daniel, and Randy.........yes Randy. I missed my Sarah and family. We shared Christmas by Skyping. Christmas Day was spent at my parents, again enjoying the company of my family. We play "dirty Santa". I left with a Fleur de Lis watch and candles. Buffalo Wild Wings gift cards were very popular this year and the fight was on for those. Tim Tebow's book was also popular. (I bought two of those as Christmas presents, but have not read it. I also bought the same people the Drew Brees book).

A new year has come. I have learned to count my many blessings every day. Some days, I count them by the hour. I still yearn for a life I use to have. I am grateful that anger is not a part of my life. I am hopeful for the future. I am grateful for all the people placed in my life that help me to cope with life. I truly feel they are all heaven sent. I am grateful for the awesome people I work with. We have a professional and spiritual bond that I know can not be found every where. We never start a grade level meeting without prayer. We truly ask God to lead us in our interactions with the children every day. I am grateful to my family who has acknowledged my desire to deal with the changes in my life in my way. I am grateful to my children who offer love and support from both near and far, and respect the decisions I have made about personal feelings. I am grateful to church family who happen to just "come by" invite me to join them, or call. You do not know what an impact you have made in my life by reminding me I am loved. I am grateful to my therapist...yes a therapist. She is my "paid" friend that has helped me cope with my life changes. She has helped to keep me "in the game". Although I know I have to do all the work, she has been sincere in her efforts to guide me in my latest life journey. Some times it is not pleasant, but she jolts me into thinking about what would be best for me or at least accepting the decisons that I have made or were "made for me".

I am grateful for my life and all of those in it. I am grateful to God for the life He has given me for I know it was chosen for me. I hope that I am worthy of the jouney.

No comments: