Saturday, May 1, 2010

Phoenix Rising


A couple of years ago, someone gave Randy some sego palms. I have
to be honest and say that I am not wild about these plants. I just do
not like the way they look. Randy likes them though, and although I
think he thinks I don't water them when he is not around, I do. Winter's
freezing temps were really hard on them this year. I cut off all the dead and
hoped for the best...they are coming out!
The one above has always struggled, but even it is showing signs of a rebirth.

This one is coming out very well.

This is what they look like before the frawns unfurl.

This sego is in the back yard and is the one that seems to
really love where it is planted. I decided to call it a "Phoenix
Rising".

I am always glad to see anything have new life.

No comments: