Saturday, June 5, 2010

Farming

I had a farm in Africa........thus begins one of my favorite
movies, Out of Africa. I have a farm in Fields! My dad gave
me 6 watermelon plants. I am determined to have
watermelons. 2 of the plants died, but I still have 4 and
they are flourishing. I have been adamant with watering
since it doesn't rain much lately. My dad tells me that I
should count 30 days after I see a melon sitting on the ground
until I will have a ripe melon. I am just beginning to spot
some less than an acorn size melons. Wish me luck!

This is what they looked like less than 3 weeks ago.

About a week later............

The latest...I can see growth almost daily. I keep having to
hoe out a bigger space for the runners.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good luck Donna, I hope you get your watermelon this summer!! I will wish all the rain to your house...I don't like rain. I know we need it, but then everything gets soaked and messy (like now).

Anonymous said...

two of my watermelons are much bigger thand the others. Hope they will continue to grow.