Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Roses, roses, roses

The first time Randy brought me to see the property we
live on now, there were wild roses everywhere. Across what
is now or front yard was an old fence just covered with
those old timey wild roses. It was beautiful! When we were
preparing to build the house, the old fence was torn down, and
many of the roses were destroyed, much to my dismay. We
did keep one mound of them. For several years now, we have
debated whether to just destroy them too. Randy insisted that
they would take over what looked like just junk. This year
they seem to be doing what Randy had in mind. They were just
beautiful. Although there still needs to be some trimming and cutting
of the "junk", the old roses looked spectacular and seem to be taking
over the junk.

Even with such a great lack of rain they bloomed profusely.

Every time I looked at them, I wanted to pin some in my hair.

We transplanted some to this bird feeder. Last summer we
kept training it to go up the pole. Our persistence paid off. I
constantly marvel at natures beauty.

No comments: