Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Calendar Says August....We Know What That Means

Where did the summer go? It was just yesterday that I was looking forward to 10 glorious weeks off from work. I had committed to 7 days of school related stuff, but June 28th I was headed for Minnesota to see Sarah and family. I did go, and I spent 2 weeks. I will blog that later. The whole time I was there the state of Minnesota was shut down!

I took a solo sojourn to North Carolina and Tennessee. It was a very peaceful journey, although there was some adversity I will also blog about later.

The latest thing with me is a physical problem or two. My left shoulder has been bothering me for several years now. One time a couple of years ago, I could not raise my arm to even get dressed. I have a 3 day rule. If I can't fix something in 3 days, I go to a professional. My arm healed itself within the 3 day limit. The past 6 months or so my left shoulder/upper arm/fore arm has had strange aches and pains. I discovered that I had limit motion in that arm. I decided to do something about it because the past 2 weeks I have had trouble getting comfortable to sleep. I was expecting the doctor to say that it was just arthritis or some other "your getting old" diagnosis. I left the doctor's office with a prescription for an anti inflammatory that I am to take twice a day. I also left with orders to go to physical therapy 3 times a week for a month. I feel old. The diagnosis: Rotor Cuff Syndrome and shoulder impingement. In other words, my rotor cuff is being irritated because the tendons and my deltoid muscle is inflamed and irritated. I still think it has something to do with getting older!

So, school starts in less than 2 weeks. My classroom is almost ready(pushing and pulling on desks, bookshelves, and cabinets probably did not help my shoulder). I get my class roster tomorrow. I am sure I will have quite the mixture of students.

1 comment:

Carolina girl said...

We are bummed that summer is coming to a close too! It went by way too fast. Can't wait to hear about your trips. :)