Monday, August 31, 2009

Dingo!!!





Living rural , people are always dumping their dogs on our road. We have had quite the menagerie of dogs show up at our place. They usually show up starving and scared. Some stay just long enough to fill their empty stomachs so Randy can catch them. I do not know what happens to them after that....I don't ask. Some have been adopted by us, getting to stay with us as long as they want. Roxie was with us for almost 6 years before she died this past spring. The latest dog(?) to show up is in the pictures above. Randy says it looks very wild, perhaps being half coyote. I am not sure. It does have pointy ears and a pointy face. It is like a phantom around here, only showing up to steal the cat's food. We happen to see it one morning stealing the cat's food and I was able to snap a few pictures. What do you think? Is it just a mutt or part coyote. Although we do not plan for it to stay, we did name it...Dingo....you know...the wild Australian dogs!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I don't know, do coyotes have bob- tails?

If he was on Don's lease, they would have to shoot him - it's in the rule-book (which I typed) - you MUST shoot coyotes!! That cracks me up...