Saturday, April 25, 2009

Free Airshow

Randy and I spent today doing some yardwork. We mulched the roses, fed them, potted some hanging baskets, and he got up the arbor for the climbing roses. About 6 o'clock or so, we were sitting in the swing when we heard a low flying plane. At about the same time, we thought and said......David Tracy. He always buzzes the house when he is near by in his plane. We went out to the open field on the south side of the house so he could see us. He saw us...............

He dipped. He dived. He barrel-rolled. He flew straight up. He flew straight down. He flew sideways. He flew high. He flew low. After several passes, I went inside the house to get the camera. As I hurried into the house, I kept looking up to watch for him. He flew sideways right over the house. It made me scream. He is a maniac!

By the time I got the camera, he was on his way back to the airport in DeQuincy. We only got the one shot of him leaving. When he flew sideways over the house, you could really see his plane. With the sun shining off of it, it was beautiful. I wish we could have gotten that picture.

David, you are nuts! I kept saying don't do anything stupid that will haunt my dreams the rest of my life. He is wild! I do have a question for you though...Did your air show count as your home teaching visit? If so, this is what I learned: I will never fly in a plane with you.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, that is hilarious and kind of scary. I think I have learned my lesson, too. Never!!!

gwen said...

Oh my gosh, how scary! I'm sure he is loving every minute of it. At least he could have spelled out the theme of this month's lesson in smoke, right?

The Mabiles said...

hahaha! I would have liked to have seen that...

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Maybe we can all go to your house and then have him do an airshow....This is great and would also love to see it. :)