Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Maiden Blog


This is actually not my first post, but since Sarah helped me revamp my blog and it has been over a year since I did post, I decided to start anew. I think blogging is a wonderful way to keep up with and get to know friends and family. I hope that I do not ramble too much.

Sarah and Liam are staying with us this week while Randy and I are both off. Daniel even came up today and will stay through Thursday. Jacob was able to come over Sunday, but had to return back to Baton Rouge. We had fun today riding Liam on the 4wheeler, watching and hearing Daniel terrify Sarah on the 4wheeler, and just enjoying the beautiful spring day. Randy even commented that Sarah's screams on the 4wheeler with Daniel were music to his ears. I have to agree.

Randy grilled some awesome steaks. Sarah made some brillant green beans that involved us steaming them and then pouring a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic over them. We watched American Idol(well, not Daniel) together. After Idol went off, Liam was ready for a bath and bed.

It is wonderful having a baby in the house. Liam is 10 1/2 months old, and is everywhere. I think he will walk before his first birthday. I keep a basket of toys for him, and he is quick to dump them out. He also loves to get in the pots and pans drawer. He took about 7 or 8 steps today toward Randy....sorry Greg.

I have so been looking forward to this week off. So far it has been just what I needed, including holding a sleeping Liam today, and finally dozing off with him. Holding a sleeping baby is probably one of the best forms of therapy in the world. I highly recommend it to those who have not tried it.

1 comment:

Carolina girl said...

Hey Donna! I found your blog! HOORAY! I can't believe how big Liam is! It was fun to see what you guys have been up to. Sounds like you are all doing well. We sure miss you guys!