Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary

This picture was actually taken
on our 1st anniversary.

Today is mine and Randy's 26th wedding anniversary. We were married in my parent's livingroom at around 5 in the evening. Randy and I left a couple of hours later for our "honeymoon" . We spent the first night in Shreveport and the following night in Hot Springs, Arkansas. When we were about 15 miles up the road, we hit a deer. We were in Randy's big dual wheeled truck. The deer was not quite dead, so Randy finished him off with the pistol he had with him. He loaded the deer into the back of the truck and took it to my parents house. My dad called someone he knew would skin it, and we were on our way again.

From the beginning of our marriage, we have always did things or made decisions for the long run. We have come to realize that we are now living in the long run. It has been a long run at times, but of late we have chosen to slow down and make it a long walk.

My Top 5 Favorite Things About Randy:(in no particular order and by no way limited to 5)

1. He knows me better than anyone.
2. He tolerates my premenopausal mood swings, heat waves, and cold fronts.
3. He surprised me with a wooden rocker on Valentine's Day that he had stained himself.
4. He rubs my feet and uses the pumice and lotion on them with or without me requesting.
5. He likes to travel as much as I do and wants to see so this country with me.

Happy Anniversary Randy. I love you!

3 comments:

The Mabiles said...

Nothing says love like a pistol-whipped deer and Shreveport. Happy Anniversary! I love ya'll!

Carolina girl said...

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple! I love the picture! And Sarah, you need to start a blog so we can blog stalk you! =)

gwen said...

How romantic! haha That is funny!