Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Summer Plans

With only five weeks of school left, I am thinking of summer. I have workshops on June 1 and 3, but after that the summer lays before me. I told Randy I was going somewhere, and he was welcome to come with me! The trip to Alaska can not be beat, but that was a once in a life time or a once every 25 years of marriage thing. I have several ideas. After white water rafting in Alaska, I want to do that again. I am looking at Colorado and Tennessee. We also would like to take the motorcycle somewhere, and we have the camper(AKA ..the Hurricane Escape Pod) that we have only spent one night in.

My sister-in-law and I are going to Smoky Mountain National Park to a teacher's workshop the week of June 14 to June 19. It is a freebie that I found on the Internet. We both applied, and have since heard back from them. We will live dormitory style at Tremont Institute studying the different ecosystems of the park. Like I say, it is a freebie. It will only cost the gas there and the money we spend shopping in Gatlinburg! I am very excited about that. I went to something similar summer before last at Yellowstone National Park. It was NASA sponsored, and I did receive a $500 stipend that paid for my plane ticket, but I had to pay for the weeks room and board. It was a great experience though!

I am mainly looking forward to just being off and not hearing...."Mrs. Brooks, I can't find my pencil and can I go to the bathroom?"




No comments: