Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birthday Surprises

Birthdays are a time of celebration and joy. Here are some of the people who bring me the greatest joy.


Daddy and Liam

Me and Nick. Nick, my sister's son, has autism.
He is a source of joy for us all.

Liam and I. Isn't our hair color quite a contrast?

Definitely a face of joy!


Last Saturday, my children surprised me by all of them coming home. We had not all been together since Christmas. That was a priceless gift to me, and I celebrated my best birthday ever! We all went to Luna's in old down town Lake Charles. It is a fun place with great food. I think we all tasted of each other's food. We had a wonderful time. Sarah made me a carrot cake. It was delicious!

Sunday, I was at my mom and dad's. My mom had made a key lime cake from a recipe out of the newspaper. It was really yummy! Mine and my brother's birthday is 3 days apart, so that was sort of a birthday celebration too.

Monday, the Youngs(old and young) surprised me with a cake and ice cream. We enjoyed the cake and ice cream, but most of all enjoyed their company. They brought me a lovely gift basket full of bath products scented in lavender and a beautiful plant that I forget its name, but it is akin to a camelia. What wonderful friends!

Today,September 23, is my actual birthday. Randy started it off giving me the newest Nicholas Sparks' book. I love Nicholas Sparks and have read all his books. I was going to buy it in Walmart last Friday, but Randy had to admit he had bought it for me. I know what I am doing this weekend. Randy also sent me some flowers at school today. If a man wants to score points...send her some flowers at her work place. They are beautiful. I left them on my desk at school so I can enjoy them the rest of the week.

I have a had the best birthday ever! I know that their is lots of joy in my life.

2 comments:

The Mabiles said...

Great pictures of you and Nick and you and Liam!

Susan said...

Donna, what a great family! How I wish I had my mom around to make me something on my birthday...

And I loved the photo of you & Nick!!