Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Mayhaw Man

Moma and Daddy at the Starks Mayhaw Festival

Recently my hometown, Starks, held its annual mayhaw festival. My dad always has a booth, and this year was no exception. Daddy makes all kinds of jelly, but mayhaw is his specialty. The past few years he has claimed that each year was his last. It is getting harder and harder for him. Moma helps him sell the jelly, and she has always done this even when she was working full time as a postmaster in Starks. Note, I said she helps him sell the jelly. He makes the jelly. They do make a great team. In about a month, he will be selling watermelons there in Starks. Look for him there on highway 12 east in Starks. He will make you a great deal on a watermelon. He will talk your ear off as well, and you will leave with a friend.

1 comment:

Be A Saint said...

I will definitely look for him. I always need a friend and a great watermelon.