Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Found My Thrill.....

Our first blueberry crop!


Back in March Randy and I went to the Forest Hill Nursery Festival in Forest Hill, LA. We set a budget before we left, and stuck to it. Actually, I think we spent $30 less than we were going to allow ourselves. We bought azaleas, camellias, live oaks, witch hazel bush,bridal wreath, and Indian Hawthorn. I also decided that I would like to try my hand at blue berries. We bought two bushes. They are really doing well, and today we picked a whole bowl full. I am excited about them, and next year I plan to add to my orchard!

3 comments:

Carolina girl said...

Oh, those look great. And blueberries are so good for you too. My grandmother used to have blueberry bushes that produced blueberries the size of grapes. They were so delicious! Now I want to go plant some blueberry bushes myself!

Anonymous said...

You got that many from just 2 new bushes? You will have so many next year!! I have some that I just planted and am SO excited to see how they do. We just planted them this morning, actually. This is Andrea, btw.

The Mabiles said...

Liam loves blueberries Nana :)