Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day II

After reading all the different posts about Mother's Day celebrations(especially Sarah's) I had to describe mine. Friday night, Randy and I were in Walmart and he said,"Mother's Day is next weekend, right?" I knew then I could forget about any gaily wrapped fantasies. Saturday evening, we went out to eat...my pick....I did not care, so I told him to pick. We went to Logan's which is great. We called Daniel to see if he could meet us, and he could. We enjoyed the evening with our youngest who is moving to Baton Rouge this summer and will be going to LSU in the fall. I treasure the times we get to see him for I know when he moves we will not see him as much. We again, stopped at Walmart(my car will not pass it up). Randy told me to pick myself out some flowers, but you know....it just isn't the same. Sunday, I visited my mother. Sarah called me and wished me happy Mother's Day. Right before 11(we were already in bed) our oldest, Jacob called to wish me happy Mother's Day as well. He told me he had been thinking about me all day....that was the greatest gift of all!

Randy runs hot and cold on gift giving. I might get showered one year or on one occasion, and it is dry on the next. I have learned to take it in stride. Randy has rubbed my feet every night since Sunday....I think that is a pretty good gift! I have the smoothest feet in the parish!

At Christmas Randy said if there was something I want I should say it twice.....Willow Tree makes a grandmother angel...........Willow Tree makes a grandmother angel.

Speaking of gifts, last week was National Teacher's Appreciation Week. Some of my students were really generous to me. I received a LSU bag, a $20 gift card to target, a picture frame, a paper weight, a key chain, a cup with a B on it, and I won a $15 gift card to Subway in the drawing for all the teachers. I felt really appreciated and was touched by the generosity.

These are two of the gifts I received last week during National Teacher's Appreciation Week.

2 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Nice LSU bag....and I would take a weeks worth of feet rubs any day...What a great gift.....forget the flowers! haha

Happy belated Mothers day!

Susan said...

Donna, I love your blog...you write what I'm thinking, especially the one about letting go of your gaily wrapped fantasies, ha!! :)